Cut to four years later, and I can herald time outs, negotiate bites of vegetables and throw a screaming child over my shoulder and hightail it out of Wal-Mart as fast as you can say “temper tantrum.”
This is a quote taken from my dear friend Bailey’s getting to be ever-so-famous website makeovermomma.com. I had to use it, because no one has EVER put my exact thoughts into such a concise, cute paragraph that says so much about raising a young child.I am now the mother of a 2 year old! And I can’t stop thinking about the way things
were, and they way things are. How about I do a little comparison:
I now find myself apologizing to young couples, out for a nice, quiet date who had to sit beside us while Ella loudly sang, talked, wiggled, ran around and eventually screamed to the point of having to be taken outside for a ’time out’
I now find myself running home after a day of work to put in a load of laundry, change a little one into gymnastics clothes or wash her face before going to her children’s choir at church, attend whatever the activity of the evening is, run home and eat whatever dinner can be scrounged up (minus any fun fancy recipes), put her in the bath and snuggle with her before putting her to bed - then after she’s down clean up the house and work more on the laundry.
I now find myself doing the exact same thing when I see parents with newborns!
I used to never understand the unconditional love that parents had for their children (whether or not they screamed through the entire meal, or all the way through Wal-Mart). I never knew the deep emotion that follows when your child looks up at you, touches your face and says ’you are beautiful momma’ or runs into your arms and says ’I’m so glad to see you Mom!’
NOW I understand fully!!! I know what it’s like to see the changes in my daughter and be so proud I could pop when she says she loves me!!
I love everything about my daughter unconditionally (not that it’s easy to withstand the new attitude and independence when she looks directly at me and says “NO!”)
I love everything about our lifestyle and having a 2 year old - because when I look back I know I wouldn’t have had it any other way!!
No comments:
Post a Comment