Monday, August 10, 2009

Marriage

I know it’s been SO long since I’ve posted but our life kind of exploded with business since that last one – we’ve gone back to work, which means Ella began a new daycare, my mom got married, and we’ve celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary!

I titled this one marriage because it seemed fitting with mom’s wedding and our anniversary so close together.

I love blogging (as I’ve shared before and which probably doesn’t come as any surprise to most of you) – and one of the things that makes me like it so much is that it gives me even more reason to take pictures, and then also reason to look back over them. For this post, it was awesome to look WAY back on pictures from the past four years and reflect on our marriage. I found pictures of…Adam completing grad school (HUGE accomplishment), the pumpkins we carved of ourselves and our cat, our first Christmas together in our little rental house, a ski trip, our first anniversary where we went camping and then went back to the Homestead (http://www.thehomestead.com/ – check it out J) where we got married – and also pics from that album were of this house because we found this house the day of our first anniversary, our first Valentine’s Day which we spent at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel, our trip to New York to visit Anna, various hiking trips, when we put the roof on our house (ok when Adam and his grandfather and brother put the roof on our house, not really ‘we’ because I was way too scared to get up there), our summer in Europe, the various stages of my pregnancy, baby showers, and finally all of the pics from things we have done with Ella as a family in the last 15 months.
Before all of those, were pictures from my first classroom where Adam and I met (and I have SOOO many pictures from then). I knew then that he and I were going to be great friends, and after only truly dating for six months (although we had known each other for an entire year) we made the huge decision to marry, and I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend.

our summer in Europe...(10,000 ft up in the Swiss Alps - which is why it doesn't look like summer!)

trip to New York...


snowboarding!...



and first anniversary at the Homestead...
So even though I want to keep going and be sappy, I’ll save that for my own personal journaling since this blog is intended to entertain and inform about what is going on with the Conners! I was going to post only pictures of Adam and I throughout the past 4 years but you know I couldn’t do that and pass up the opportunity to share stories and pictures of my baby!

Here's the entire 'wedding party'...


and just as Adam and I met through our interest in teaching Special Ed., Mom and Bob met through their interest in music...


Ella was an angel for the wedding and looked so precious in her dress – she was a flower girl/junior, junior bridesmaid! She is adjusting to daycare – I knew it would be an adjustment, but I think she enjoys being around other children, and she is growing up!! She is talking so much, recognizing people by name, motoring around like crazy (running, climbing and attempting to jump),


and her latest interest is arts and crafts – coloring, painting, etc (don't worry those are bathtub crayons! - and yes she had some help with the cat face, but the scribbles you see in the right corner extend along the entire side of the tub and onto the back). She still loves music and we are looking at the possibility of some little ‘family’ classes for this winter (possibly another music class, or gymnastics).

Adam and I completed our first week back to work last week and were pleasantly surprised about how well things went. We are both excited to be starting up a new school year and we have been assured (through several sources) that there will NOT be a possibility of our Center closing anytime soon!! So with that, and with the usual ‘freshness’ of starting a new school year, we are looking forward to our classes and trying out new ideas – it’s one of the joys of teaching that you get to have a clean slate each August – REALLY nice perk!

That’s all for now!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family! Although we are not able to see each other often, I think of you guys more than you know. I remember your wedding....like it was yesterday. It was beautiful. Thanks for allowing me to be apart of your special day. Miss you guys...maybe we can get together during your favorite season...

    ReplyDelete