The one below is at the park near our house! It has not only a fun playground, but a river that Ella and I splashed in this weekend! She had a blast even though the water was still pretty cold!
It's been a little while since last time, but these weeks are flying by! We were talking at work about how once May hits, it seems like the remainder of the school year is over before you know it - I can't believe that we are in our last week of May - and I am so excited for the summer! It has been quite a school year - with the job uncertainty and it being the first year having a little one to leave with a sitter - but Adam and I were saying today how we can't believe that it's gone by so fast!
Since last post, things have been FUN! Last weekend Nana Fisk came in and she and I took a 'girls only' shopping day - actually I should say adult girls only because we left Ella at home with Daddy - and we had a blast! We went to Richmond and looked around then went to Harrisonburg to the book fair! It was a great day and I value the time we get to spend together.
Then this weekend was pretty 'low key'. Adam went golfing on Saturday (which was much deserved since he babysat last weekend, not only for Ella but for a friend of ours as well) and Ella and I had a 'girl day' of our own! The weather was beautiful (and pretty hot actually) so we went to the park to wade in the river, play on the playground, and read books under a shade tree. Then we came home and cooled off with some popscicles and got out the water sprinkler and blow up pool that we have here.
It was awesome to have an extra day today just to spend as a family! This summer is going to be so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment