
I guess it's true that the third time is the charm because I've sat down 3 times(!) to do this post! Our
Internet has been acting up and it's very frustrating!
BUT I am trying so hard to keep putting up all the pics from the fun
Christmasy things going on in the Conner household! These pics are from last weekend and this weekend as well - we also took some this evening because we had Ella's
Mamaw (as she calls her) Adams Mom over to celebrate her birthday! I'll TRY to get those up tomorrow!
SO - last weekend we were blessed with a BEAUTIFUL snow! The first one of the season for us and it ended up being like 6in or more! I LOVE snow - and was of course SO excited to take Ella out and play in it! (Emily
Tulli if you are reading I hope you are rolling your eyes! - And for everyone else, the side joke is that I always tried to get all my roommates in college to go out to play in the snow with me!) This first picture really shows her reaction - she was so excited to see the snow and was amazed that it was falling on her! You also may notice her lip looking funny - that was because she had a 'fat lip' the entire day Saturday from falling off of one of her riding toys in the hallway - such is the life of a child, right?

And as I posted before, she LOVES snowmen - so we made her one of her very own!! It was the perfect size and so cute - I have this pic as proof that Papa hugs and kisses the snowmen on command!

After taking time to play in the snow - in spite of the weather - we headed to see Sesame Street Live in Roanoke!!! (
http://sesamestreetlive.com/shows/elmos-green-thumb Click on this link to see a clip of the show we watched) It was SO much fun to see Ella loving every minute of the show! I don't usually put up pics that are blurry, but this one really shows the way she was the entire time - her eyes glued on the stage and wringing her hands with excitement!! This was an early Christmas present for her and worth every penny!

Here she is enjoying a snow cone - still with her eyes glued on the stage!

Afterward - since we were in Roanoke - we headed to Chuck-E-Cheese - she was tired after a full day, but had a great time as always!

Which brings us to this Saturday, and Ella was invited to a Gingerbread play date with her friends - she had a wonderful time - they did crafts, sang songs, made gingerbread men, and..

Santa Claus stopped by!!! Isn't this picture precious of all the kids lined up at the door looking for him!! (You can see Ella's little pig tail in the far right corner)

She wasn't quite sure of him at first, but then after seeing all the other kids sit on his lap (and of course after he gave everyone a bag of treats) she sat there with him all by herself!!

Today was the Cantata at our church - and Ella (well the whole thing actually) brought a tear to my eye (and I'm pretty sure I saw one from the man sitting behind us) because the choir (which was absolutely beautiful with an orchestra to accompany) sang the first song, and afterward the entire church was silent...except for Ella who was standing up on the pew in between Adam and I, clapping and yelling "
YAY!!!" at the top of her lungs - I think it was one of those little Christmas moments with the
church, the singing, the decorations, etc. that just made me think that children see things and react in the moment (with little to no restraint) - and where the rest of us probably wanted to do the same she went right ahead -
sooo precious! I really want Ella to grow up knowing (along with all the other stuff) the true meaning of the season, and today I think she felt it!
No comments:
Post a Comment